Crimson’s staff’s favorite styles for when the weather’s cooling down, to keep you looking hot!
September 18, 2015
The Stylists at Crimson Hair Studio find inspiration across multiple platforms and are always excited to share their ideas and apply them to their favorite canvas: you, the client! Looks come in all shapes and colors and are always fun to update at the beginning of a new season! We hope everyone is booking up their 2015 social calendars straight on through the new year; how are you going to look in this year of photographs?
We’ve compiled a selection of editorial pics that the Stylist’s admire, in hopes to inspire.
Fall 2015 Style Inspirations:
- Deep warm browns with caramel and copper
- Dimensional color, either contrasting or complimentary
- 70’s inspired fashion & hair: middle parts, long waves
- Fringe is in big time! Bangs can be cut in whatever style now that the heat is ebbing.
- The glossy nude lip compliments the heavily made-up eye in hues of brown.
Jen sees bold, blended hues, and sleek center parts paired with 70’s inspired fashions for the fall.
Danielle is feeling like fringe is a win: straight, curly, blunt, textured, long or micro – it’s all on fire!
Laura is all about a rooty, dimensional color with a sleek loose wave cut and style. Ashley Olsen’s small root with a warm dimensional honey blonde is a beautiful choice. Alexa Chung’s deep brunette with multiple dimension is my favorite: deep warm brown color with light caramel and copper highlights! The cut is beautiful. Keep it full and loose with a sexy bang.
Fall is one of Francesca’s favorites because after a hot summer, clients feel inspired to change up their look. Blondes with a deeper root, natural copper tones and effortless up do’s are all the rage.
Becky is saying goodbye to the recent trend of undercuts for men by cutting off those broccoli stems (aka top knots!) A classic tightly tapered cut, blended into length on top, gives men versatility to wear it textured and messy or groomed tighter as occasion requires. Em is finding her inspiration in separated, defined & obvious dimension, in both similiar color families and opposite contrasting color palates.
Jeanne’s inspiration for fall hair is all about the warmth: dark chocolate natural hues and lots of red! Layers and fringe are always a fall favorite as well!
Kristyn: Makeup is meant to be playful and most runway makeup is not actually “pretty”, so it’s always fun to see what artist and color experts trend per season and the stylish spins recreated. This year, it’s all ‘eye play’. If you’re a trendsetter, then this sort of eye makeup is excepted this fall.
- Warm browns (light and dark, metallic or matte) frame the eyes in every shape. I saw a strong shadow line under almost all bottom lash lines, particularly in metallic browns. Sharp angels and drama are big & a cat eye is better if it’s a the whole eye done with shadow instead of liner.
- For lashes we are seeing perfectly defined bottom lashes, think baby doll.
- Since eyes are getting so much attention, lips are the eternal fall frontrunner brick red and slick newcomer the very glossy nude.
- Cheeks are flushed not contoured, although always add a little bronzer for some warmth.
- Nails are fun because even if these other makeup trends are too daring, you can get fun & trendy with nails. The colors this season are a deep teal, a brick red and warm dark brown.
Style hint: When new colors sell out, bring in a color swatch & Kristyn can match the color for you.